Thursday 26 February 2009

Baking to settle my Mind

I have things on my mind.

Baking settles my mind when its in overdrive.

So last night I had a play with a simple cookie recipe that Lucy @ Attic 24 posted....


::Lucy's Cookie Recipie::

Cream 100g Margarine & 75g of Soft Brown Sugar....

Then mix in 2tbs of Golden Syrup, 100g SR Flour and add your special ingredient....

Lucy uses 100g Chocolate Drops (however I thought I'd try something different)

Place walnut sized dough balls onto a baking tray, you should get about 16-18....

Cook for 8 - 10 minutes until a very pale colour @ 180/160 (fan)


Last night I used Lemon & Crystallised Ginger (100g)




I also made a batch with 100g Cadbury's Mini Eggs....

G looked worried when he entered the kitchen, to see me bashing them with a rolling pin (very therapeutic)....


And 100g of Pecan & Toffee....


The toffee oozled a bit out of the T & P Cookies (which was yummy)



Mmmmm yum! Lots of cookies....



Would you like a closer peak?....


G loves the Ginger & Lemon - I like the Toffee & Pecan - The Little People like the mini egg ones...

The nurses on the unit liked them all ....

Oh dear, I feel a little a comforting eating session coming on whilst I ponder my '25 questions' that I have been tagged for by Beki-Marie....

Love Lydia xx

8 comments:

  1. I now swear by Lucy's bun/cupcake recipe. I've tried so many different ones and this is by far the best.
    Must try this cookie one.
    Her butternut squash rissotto is also lovely, Jack can't get enough of it.
    She really is an amazing woman isn't she?
    Take care
    Hugs
    Beki xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Lovely Lucy... the words on everyone's lips at the moment. Isn't it great to be able to say, I read her blog before she was famous....she deserves every minute!
    Your cookies look delicious, I'm sure I can smell them from here. I must remember to buy some Golden Syrup when I'm in London next month....
    Love your blog.
    Take care

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh ive made those but never thought to add extra stuff in especially the mini eggs ones !
    guess what i will be doing today ;-)
    Lesley x

    ReplyDelete
  4. hee hee how did you guess !! just been and bought mini eggs but forgot the syrup........ i really must acknowledge my memory is not what it used to be!!!
    re mel - if you email me (address on my profile) and let me have your email address i will pass it on and she can add you :-)
    have a nice day off !
    Lx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey! Those cookies look lush- i would have to eat the lot on one go!
    I have no idea what Bicester is like but as the girls are at their dads and i have the weekend off work i thought it'd be nice to venture a bit further away, its about an hour and 20 mins from here. I will post all about it-if its any good! Need anything from CK?xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. MMmmmmmmMMMMmmmmMMMmMmmMm is all I can say! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. ooooooooo YUMMMMMMM!!!!!
    It had never crossed my mind to try other ingredients with this recipe...oo I'm a pondering now what i can do! I think maybe lemon and raisin? Cranberry and pecan? Smarties?
    Happy days!
    Lxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Lydia help! I just tried making these with the girls and they turned out awfully! They were really thin and crispy, not soft doughy and yummy, i followed the recipe exactly and cant understand where i went wrong!? They also stuck completely to the greaseproof paper i used(my baking try was too black to use alone!)...any advice? xxxx

    ReplyDelete