Thursday 5 February 2009

Is it Christmas?

This is a daily question asked by my 5 year old since it first snowed.

Sorry, but 3 days of snow & this question is now wearing a little thin.

For the 2nd time this week, the Infant & Junior schools were both shut, pretty much the same blind panic overcame me as it did on Tuesday, bit slightly more controlled.... Just read Tuesday 3rd blog to get the idea....

Look at the views on the way to work - see I can now drive with my eyes open, rather than shut whilst praying....



It was a quiet shift today - some of the patients couldn't make it in for treatment, but it was a full turn out for our small (but perfectly formed) team on the unit.


We had a new patient start treatment today. Whilst there was the usual humour, banter & support, hopefully making the experience easier for her, we also touched on the struggle of getting the working mum balance right. We agreed, sometimes as a working mum, you feel guilty about anything & everything.


It has really made me reflect, and count my chickens & blessings tonight, as she has a little one the same age as my eldest. Yes, it has been a nightmare this week with childcare & school closures. I wanted to be at home & play in the snow - capturing those mummy memories, but I also knew that I had to be at work, to do a job I care about.


I have a lot to be grateful for.... So I thought I'd look for the colour in amongst all the whiteyness & smile....


Like my bright green mac, stripy scarf & yellow polka dot brolly, waiting for me at home time. High fashion it isn't, but cheeriness it is....


The lovely deep purple tulips, bought half price for £1.50 on my way home....



Sat in my smallest fish bowl vase, waiting to open fully....



The lovely zingy zesty Phsayllis - shared tonight between little lady & myself....


And my sneaky indulgence, whilst watching TV....Fruit pastel Pic 'n' Mix


And finally, tomorrow is Friday-my-Day....That is, unless the snow conspires to pinch it from me....In which case, it will be a special mummy bonding day.

But whatever happens, I'm counting my blessings....


Love Lydia xx

1 comment:

  1. I hope you get to have Your Day today. We had a small sprinkling of snow, but it's gone now. :O)

    Happy Friday

    Sadie C
    x

    ReplyDelete